Friday, December 28, 2012

Spicy-Sweet Cashew Chicken

I have a love of Chinese food. I think I've mentioned that in this blog before. Tonight I concocted a pretty awesome little dish! I think I was motivated to write it down, so that I can be sure and make it again!
Cashew Chicken

Ingredients:
1 Chicken breast cut into 1inch chunks
1 T cornstarch
1/4 onion thinly sliced
1 garlic clove sliced
1 cup broccoli florets (pre-cooked, steamed or raw- preference is up to you)
1/2 cup cashew halves
1 cup brown rice

  For sauce:
1 T Rice Wine Vinegar
3 T Honey
1.5 T Soy Sauce (low sodium if you like)
1 T Sriracha

Instructions:
Cook rice according to package directions.

In small bowl mix sauce ingredients, and set aside. (This makes more sauce than you need)

Heat 1T oil in large skillet. Season chicken with salt and pepper, and mix in cornstarch. When oil is hot, add chicken and onions. Cook 5-6 minutes until chicken is browned and mostly cooked. Add in broccoli and cook until chicken is cooked through and broccoli is tender. Add sliced garlic and cashews, and cook for 1 minute. Spoon in half of the sauce mix. Stir constantly and let cook until sticky (about 1 minute).

Serve over rice, and drizzle with more sauce if you like. This serves 2 people.

* You could also add sliced red pepper to this recipe. I would have, if I'd had any!!

No comments:

Post a Comment