Monday, September 30, 2013

Homemade Turkey Sausage

This turkey sausage has been my go-to breakfast meat for a long time now... I can't believe I've never blogged the recipe!! This makes 8 "english muffin" size patties. Sometimes I make them round, sometimes rectangular so they fit between a half slice of toast! Sometimes instead of patties, I mix it up and brown it just to throw in with eggs! And they freeze fantastically!

Here we go!

1.25lb ground turkey*
2 Tbls of dry oatmeal or cooked rice
2 tsp dry onion flakes- or 2tbs of grated/chopped onion
1 tsp cumin
1 tsp sea salt
1/2 tsp poultry seasoning
1/2 tsp chili powder
1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
1/4 tsp garlic powder
1 pinch of crushed red pepper.

Mix together in a large bowl and form into patties. Cook over a medium heat in a large, dry skillet about 4 minutes on each side, and cooked through!

*You can use either the ground turkey breast or just ground turkey. If I do use the ground breast I often use fresh onion and grate 1/4 cup of zucchini into the mix. Turkey breast has no fat and makes for some pretty dry patties.

No comments:

Post a Comment