Thursday, December 20, 2012

The Assist...

I've said it before... I get my energy from a great writer, and inspirational speaker that I have been following for years... probably about 8 years. His name is Jon Gordon. I was introduced to him through my best friend, who had heard about him through her work. I signed up for his newsletter immediately, and at one point even worked with him one-on-one over the phone.  I've read all of his books and we've met once, when he was here in Minneapolis and spoke to the public. I am a true follower!

This morning he tweeted, "Great leaders don't succeed because they are great. They succeed because they bring out the greatness in others."

It's almost like he's been reading my mind for the last couple of weeks. I've been saying for years that "In the game of life, the greatest statistic in the assist".  It is not about our individual success, but how we help others succeed. But, in the last few weeks, it's really hit home in my brain. I've been using this analogy to figure out how to make changes to Dandy Life.

Obviously, I want my business to succeed. So, how do I make that happen?! What really is the goal of my business?! I've spend a lot of time over the last few weeks hammering this out. In the end, the goal of Dandy Life is to help you grow a healthier lifestyle. To do that I feed you inspiring words and health tips, I offer you opportunities to talk about creating a healthy life, and I give you tools to get there. My hope is that you take bits of this information and use it to nourish your goals and dreams.

Dandy Life will be "Great" when YOU feel great! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment