Saturday, July 13, 2013

Orange Sesame Dressing

This dressing has become a staple in my fridge over the last month or so. It's a perfect little dressing for the slightly bitter greens I've gotten from my CSA, but would work great with any hardy green.

Salads in my house, are often just a collection of what is in my fridge and pantry. Fresh or dried fruit, toasted almonds, and goat cheese crumbles are pretty much salad topping staples in my house.

Here's the dressing recipe;
1/4 Cup Orange Juice
2 Tablespoons Rice Vinegar
2 Teaspoons Sesame Oil
1 Teaspoon fresh grated ginger
1 pinch of cayenne pepper
salt and pepper to taste

Whisk ingredients together and store in an airtight container for up to a week in your fridge.

Here's a salad tip! A perfectly dressed salad leaves no dressing in the bottom of the bowl. Try drizzle a tablespoon (or less) of dressing along the outside of the bowl and mixing in a spoonful at a time.

No comments:

Post a Comment