Saturday, March 16, 2013

Midway through Week 2 of Cleanse

We are chugging along with the cleanse! Added grains back in has helped a TON! I'm less food focused and feeling like it's really a fun challenge. A few tips for anyone doing it?! If you are someone who likes to cook, go off the menu. Remember the rules, but branch out a bit. I got caught up in week one and forgot about all of the other vegetables that I LOVE (like brussels sprouts), no reason you can't eat them.

Banana Oat Pancakes

The banana oat pancakes were killer. My first batch didn't well, I think using a cast iron skillet is not the best choice, and perhaps related, the heat was too high.. they didn't cook through. I used those as my "leftovers" and packed them for the next morning, reheating them in a non-stick skillet and they were great! It was a good first entry back into the real world!
Mushrooms with Kale

Here's one I forgot to post in week 1... the portobellas with kale! YUM! The marinade was fantastic! And the mushroom was so meaty, it made a great dinner!

Quinoa with pears and almonds is pretty good. Honestly, I was hoping that it would be better.  In my head, it was going to be sweet creamy deliciousness... it wasn't. It wasn't bad- don't get me wrong, but it wasn't what I expected.

Black Bean Patties with Sesame Kale Salad
The other night I made both the black bean patties and the Sesame Kale salad (I omitted the quinoa, because it just seemed weird). It was a perfect combination! Here's a hint with the black bean patties, make them thinner than you think.  I think like- CD size? They get a little crispy on the outside, adding fun texture, and I think if they were bigger (and thinner), they would be crispier and delicious!

No comments:

Post a Comment