Saturday, October 29, 2011

Pumpkin Spice Latte

I've been so busy lately, that I haven't been posting much ( I've been cooking, teaching, and coaching a ton!)... but this pumpkin spice latte inspired me! What a great start to my first down day in quite some time. You may see many posts with todays date! While this isn't crazy healthy, I can guarantee it's lower cal than anything at your coffee shop!

Pumpkin Spice Latte
Ingredients:
2 cups milk
1 cup strong brewed coffee (I doubled the normal amount of grounds)
1/4c Pumpkin Pie filling*
1T vanilla
1T sugar
Cinnamon sticks for fun!

Over a medium-low heat, warm the milk (I added a cinnamon stick). When milk is warm (NOT BOILING), whisk in the Pie filling, vanilla, sugar and coffee. Let it melt together for about 5 minutes, and serve!

This makes  2-3 cups. I'm excited to see what it tastes like reheated tomorrow.

* I used pumpkin pie filling because it was leftover from another recipe. You could use plain pumpkin, and 2 teaspoons of pumpkin spice, and an extra tablespoon of sugar and vanilla. Play around with it, but I think that would be about right.

No comments:

Post a Comment